- BIILT Pte. Ltd. are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers and users (you/your) and the Personal Information you have entrusted to us. It is important for you to understand what Personal Information we will collect, how we will use it, and who may access it.
- Personal Information means information about an identifiable individual. It includes information that you have provided to us or was collected by us from other sources. It may include details such as your name and address, age and gender, personal financial records, identification numbers including your Social Insurance Number and personal references, to the extent permitted by local laws.
- If you are an existing customer of ours, further details about how we use your Personal Information is set out in your customer contract with us. Further notices highlighting certain uses we wish to make of your Personal Information together with the ability to opt in or out of selected uses may also be provided when we collect Personal Information from you.
- Our websites may contain links to other third-party websites. If you follow a link to any of those third party websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies or processing of your Personal Information. Please check these policies before you submit any Personal Information to such third party websites.
2. Information we may collect about you
We will collect and process all or some of the following Personal Information about you:
- (a) The information you provide to us ► Personal Information that you provide to us, such as when using the contact form on our website, including your name, email address, and other contact details;
- (b) Our correspondence ► if you contact us, we will typically keep a record of that correspondence;
- (c) Information about how you use our products and services ► such as information about the amount of time you use our products/services for, your typing patterns, the pages you visit, and other information about your activities while using our hardware or software or while logged into your BIILT account. We collect this in order to provide feedback about your game performance, to develop our products and services, and to understand what your usage patterns and preferences are so that our marketing is relevant to you;
- (d) Survey information ► we may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes. In such circumstances we shall collect the information provided in the completed survey;
- (e) Promotions ► we may request Personal Information to administer your participation in contests, sweepstakes or other promotions that we organize;
- (f) Device Information ► such as information about your operating system, browser, software applications, IP address, geolocation, security status and other device information in order to improve your experience, to protect against fraud and manage risk;
- (g) Marketing preference information ► details of your marketing preferences (e.g. communication preferences) and information relevant to selecting appropriate products and services to offer you;
- (h) Website and communication usage ► details of your visits to the websites and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies including, but not limited to, your IP address and domain name, your browser version and operating system, traffic data, location data, web logs, posts on the BIILT community forum, other communication data, and the resources that you access;
- (i) Activities on Social Networking Sites (SNS) ► if you choose to participate (for example, by “liking” BIILT’s profile on Facebook or Twitter, posting a message, or answering a poll), we will have access to the information you divulge which may include Personal Information, depending on your SNS privacy settings.
3. Uses made of your Personal Information
- In this section, we set out the purposes for which we use Personal Information that we collect via our website and, in compliance with our obligations under Singapore law, identify the “legal grounds” on which we rely to process the information.
- Consent: where you have consented to our use of your information.
- Contract performance: where your information is necessary to enter into or perform our contract with you.
- Legal obligation: where we need to use your information to comply with our legal obligations.
- Legitimate interests: where we use your information to achieve a legitimate interest and our reasons for using it outweigh any prejudice to your data protection rights.
- Legal claims: where your information is necessary for us to defend, prosecute or make a claim against you, us or a third party.
- If you have consented to our use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place. Where we are using your information because we or a third party (e.g. your employer) have a legitimate interest to do so, you have the right to object to that use though, in some cases, this may mean no longer using the Services.
- Please note that in addition to the disclosures we have identified below, we may disclose Personal Information for the purposes we explain in this notice to service providers, contractors, agents, advisors (e.g. legal, financial, business or other advisors) and affiliates of BIILT that perform activities on our behalf.
- (a) To provide and manage products and services you have requested ► to administer our services, including to carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us, or to notify you about changes to our services and products.Use justifications: contract performance; consent, legitimate interests (to enable us to perform our obligations and provide our services to you or to notify you about changes to our service);
- (b) To sponsor you and/or your e-sports team ► to carry out our obligations arising from any sponsorship agreements entered into between you and us, to notify you about changes to the terms of our sponsorship, or to advertise the fact that you and/or your e-sports team are sponsored by us. Use justifications: contract performance; consent;
- (c) To communicate with you regarding products and services that may be of interest ► to provide you with updates and offers, where you have chosen to receive these. We may also use your information to market our own and our selected business partners’ products and services to you by way of in-app alerts, post, email, phone, SMS or online or social media advertisement. Where required by law, we will ask for your consent at the time we collect your data to conduct any of these types of marketing. We will provide an option on the appropriate platform to unsubscribe or opt-out of further communication on any electronic marketing communication sent to you. Use justifications: legitimate interests (to keep you updated with news in relation to our products and services); consent;
- (d) To understand our customers and to develop and tailor our products and services ► we may analyze the Personal Information we hold in order to better understand your usage patterns, preferences, and marketing requirements, as well as to better understand our business and develop our products and services; Use justifications: legitimate interests (to ensure the quality and legality of our services and to allow us to improve our services);
- (f) To inform you of changes ► to notify you about changes to our services and products; Use justifications: legitimate interests (to notify you about changes to our service);
- (g) To ensure website content is relevant ► to ensure that content from our websites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device, which may include passing your data to business partners, suppliers and/or service providers; Use justifications: legitimate interests (to allow us to provide you with the content and services on the websites);
- (h) To reorganise or make changes to our business ► in the event that we: (i) are subject to negotiations for the sale of our business or part thereof to a third party; (ii) are sold to a third party; or (iii) undergo a re-organisation, we may need to transfer some or all of your Personal Information to the relevant third party (or its advisors) as part of any due diligence process for the purpose of analyzing any proposed sale or re-organization. We may also need to transfer your Personal Information to that re-organized entity or third party after the sale or reorganization for them to use for the same purposes as set out in this policy; Use justifications: legitimate interests (in order to allow us to change our business);
- (i) In connection with legal or regulatory obligations ► We may process your Personal Information to comply with our regulatory requirements or dialogue with regulators as applicable which may include disclosing your Personal Information to third parties, the court service and/or regulators or law enforcement agencies in connection with enquiries, proceedings or investigations by such parties anywhere in the world or where compelled to do so. Where permitted, we will direct any such request to you or notify you before responding unless to do so would prejudice the prevention or detection of a crime; Use justifications: legal obligations, legal claims, legitimate interests (to cooperate with law enforcement and regulatory authorities);
- (j) Last but not least, we will mainly be using the personal information provided to process your orders and for providing you customer support. If you choose to provide us with such personal information, you agree and consent to the transfer and storage of such information on servers of our choosing
- BIILT takes your privacy and security very seriously and we only require your personal information during the order process in order for our agents to contact you. You are not required to submit any other information whilst visiting BIILT’s website.BIILT will not sell, rent, loan or lease your personal information to others. BIILT will not use, share or disclose any personal information provided to us online unless in association with the following reasons:
- To provide the services and customer support you may request;
- In accordance to any law, regulation or court order; and
- For the purpose of legal defense efforts or protection of our rights.
4. Profiling and Automated Decision Making
- The advertisements and recommendations (including online, while you are logged into your BIILT account, and while you are using our mobile app) which we show you are chosen by analysing the Personal Information you provide to us as described in section 2, including information about your past purchases from us, the way in which you use our products and/or services, and previous advertisements which you have clicked on. To choose advertisements which are tailored and most likely to be of interest to you, we compile and analyse information received from all our customers to gain a better understanding of your preferences from customers similar to you.
- Otherwise, you may request that we provide information about our decision-making methodology and ask us to verify that the automated decision has been made correctly. We may reject the request, as permitted by applicable law, including when providing the information would result in a disclosure of a trade secret or would interfere with the prevention or detection of fraud or other crime.
5. Sharing your Personal Information
- Sharing outside BIILT: Personal Information may be provided to third parties, including anti-fraud organizations, legal, regulatory or law enforcement authorities in cases of suspected criminal activity or contravention of law, for the detection and prevention of fraud, or when required to satisfy the legal or regulatory requirements of governments, regulatory authorities or other self-regulatory organizations, or to comply with a court order or for the protection of our assets (for example, collection of overdue accounts).
- Business sale or reorganization: Over time, we may buy new businesses or sell some of our businesses. Accordingly, Personal Information associated with any accounts, products or services of the business being purchased or sold will be reviewed as part of the due diligence process and subsequently transferred as a business asset to the new business owner. We may also transfer Personal Information as part of a corporate reorganization or other change in corporate control.
- Sub-contractors and agents: We may use affiliates or other companies to provide services on our behalfs such as data processing, account administration, fraud prevention and detection, analytics, and marketing. Such companies will be given only the Personal Information needed to perform those services and we do not authorize them to use or disclose Personal Information for their own marketing or other purposes. We have contracts in place holding these companies to the same standards of confidentiality by which we are governed.
- Links: When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
- Google Analytics: Our store uses Google Analytics to help us learn about who visits our site and what pages are being looked at.
6. Protection of Personal data
- BIILT uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your Personal Data and will not knowingly allow access to this data to anyone outside BIILT, other than to you or as described in this Policy. However, BIILT cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to BIILT and you do so entirely at your own risk. In particular, BIILT does not warrant that such information may not be accessed, altered, collected, copied, destroyed, disposed of disclosed or modified by breach of any of BIILT’s physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
- BIILT will delete, as reasonably possible, or otherwise anonymise any Personal Data in the event that the Personal Data is not required for any reasonable business or legal purposes of BIILT and where the Personal Data is deleted from BIILT’s electronic, manual, and other filing systems in accordance with BIILT’s internal procedures and/or other agreements.
7. Your rights & contacting us
- Most of our processing is permitted by “legal grounds” other than consent (see section 2 above). In relation to Direct Marketing, where we are required to do so, we will obtain your consent before using your Personal Information for this purpose. If you prefer not to receive our Direct Marketing Communications and/or not have your Personal Information shared among the members of BIILT for the purpose of marketing, you can have your name deleted from our Direct Marketing and/or shared information lists. Direct Marketing means our communication with you such as mail, telemarketing or email, using your contact information, to inform you about products and services that we think may be of interest and value to you. This does not include communications regarding products or services that you currently have, including improved ways to use the products, or additional features of the products as well as transactional information. The Website uses data security technologies to prevent any unauthorized access to data and ensure data confidentiality. Furthermore, all transactions via the Website will be performed via secure payment systems.
- BIILT works to adopt all necessary technical and organizational measures to guarantee the security and integrity of the personal data it treats and to prevent the loss, alteration and/or unauthorized use of the same by third parties.
- BIILT have links to other websites where we do not have control over. Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that is linked to the sites and services of other third parties which we have no control over the content or nature of these sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or sharing of the views with them. Any content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. As such, browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
- In no event that we will be liable for any injury or death, loss or damage including without limitation, consequential or indirect loss or damage, or any loss or damage arising from loss or damage of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website or its related products.
In regards to the updating of information.
- We will use reasonable endeavors to ensure that your Personal Information is accurate.
- In order to assist us with this, you should notify us of any changes to the Personal Information that you have provided to us by contacting us at email@example.com.
If you have any questions in relation to our use of your Personal Information, you should first contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Under certain conditions, you may have the right to require us to:
- (a) provide you with further details on the use we make of your information;
- (b) provide you with a copy of the information that you have provided to us;
- (c) update any inaccuracies in the Personal Information we hold;
- (d) delete any Personal Information we no longer have a lawful ground to use;
- (e) where processing is based on consent, to withdraw your consent so that we stop that particular processing;
- (f) object to any processing based on the legitimate interests ground unless our reasons for undertaking that processing outweigh any prejudice to your data protection rights; and
- (g) restrict how we use your information whilst a complaint is being investigated.
- Your exercise of these rights is subject to certain exemptions to safeguard the public interest (e.g. the prevention or detection of crime) and our interests (e.g. the maintenance of legal privilege). If you exercise any of these rights we will check your entitlement and respond in most cases within a month.
- When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
- You can at any time change, remove or withdraw your consent from the Cookie Declaration on our website. Simply by emailing us with a request at email@example.com
- Your consent applies to the following domains: www.biiltpc.com
What are cookies?
- Cookies are small text files that are used to store small pieces of information. The cookies are stored on your device when the website is loaded on your browser. These cookies help us make the website function properly, make the website more secure, provide better user experience, and understand how the website performs and to analyze what works and where it needs improvement.
- The third-party cookies used on our websites are used mainly for understanding how the website performs, how you interact with our website, keeping our services secure, providing advertisements that are relevant to you, and all in all providing you with a better and improved user experience and help speed up your future interactions with our website.
What types of cookies do we use?
- Essential: Some cookies are essential for you to be able to experience the full functionality of our site. They allow us to maintain user sessions and prevent any security threats. They do not collect or store any personal information. For example, these cookies allow you to log-in to your account and add products to your basket and checkout securely. We may also use your IP address and browser type to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer our Website and to improve the service we offer to you. An IP address is a numeric code that identifies your computer on the internet. Your IP address might also be used to gather broad demographic information. We may perform IP lookups to determine which domain you are coming from (e.g. google.com) to more accurately gauge our users’ demographics. Cookies policy does not cover third party websites Please note that this cookies policy does not apply to, and we are not responsible for, the privacy practices of third party websites which may be linked to this Website
- Statistics: These cookies store information like the number of visitors to the website, the number of unique visitors, which pages of the website have been visited, the source of the visit, etc. These data help us understand and analyze how well the website performs and where it needs improvement.
- Marketing: Our website displays advertisements. These cookies are used to personalize the advertisements that we show to you so that they are meaningful to you. These cookies also help us keep track of the efficiency of these ad campaigns. Advertising cookies (or targeting cookies) collect information about the browsing habits associated with your device and are used to make advertising more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used by services provided by third parties on this Website, such as ‘Like’ or ‘Share’ buttons in addition to providing the requested functionality. Third parties provide these services in return for recognizing that you (or more accurately your device has) have visited a certain website. These third parties put down advertising cookies both when you visit our Website and when you use their services and navigate away from our Website.
- The information stored in these cookies may also be used by the third-party ad providers to show you ads on other websites on the browser as well.
- Functional: These are the cookies that help certain non-essential functionalities on our website. These functionalities include embedding content like videos or sharing contents on the website on social media platforms.
- Preferences: These cookies help us store your settings and browsing preferences like language preferences so that you have a better and efficient experience on future visits to the website. Our emails may contain a single, campaign-unique “web beacon pixel” to tell us whether our emails are opened and verify any clicks through to links within the email. We may use this information for purposes including determining which of our emails are more interesting to you, to query whether users who do not open our emails wish to continue receiving them. The pixel will be deleted when you delete the email. If you do not wish the pixel to be downloaded to your device, you should select to receive emails from us in plain text rather than HTML.
List of cookies that we use:
- Google Analytics
- Google Adwords
- Cloudflare and CDN services
- Optins or pop-ups
- Push notifications
- Video players
- Shopping carts
- Facebook pixels
How can I control the cookie preferences?
- In addition to this, different browsers provide different methods to block and delete cookies used by websites. You can change the settings of your browser to block/delete the cookies. To find out more on how to manage and delete cookies, visit wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookie, www.allaboutcookies.org.
- If you do not agree to the use of these cookies please disable them by following the instructions for your browser set out here. Please note that some of the services may not function if cookies are disabled Where the organization setting the cookie provides an automated disabling tool in respect of its cookie(s) we list the name of that organization, and the category of cookies it sets together with a link to its automated disabling tool. In all other cases, we list the names of the cookies themselves and their source at the date of this Cookies policy so that you can easily identify and disable them if you want through your browser controls.
- Some browsers make it possible for you to signal that you do not want your internet browsing activity to be tracked. Disabling tracking may interfere with some uses of the Website and the services provided on the Website.
- After your initial visit to the Website, we may change the cookies we use. This cookies policy will always allow you to know who is placing cookies, for what purpose the cookies are placed, and give you the means to disable them so you should check it from time to time.
Changes to the Cookies Policy
- We may update this cookies policy and we would encourage you to review the policy from time to time to stay informed of how we are using cookies. This cookies policy was last updated on 26 May 2018.
9. Security of Your Personal Information
- Your Personal Information is accessible only by our employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with your information in order to do their jobs. We have put into place physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard the personal information that you have sent us via the internet. However, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or through no fault of BIILT bypass our security measures. Therefore, we do not guarantee, and you should not expect that your personal information is always secure.
- We use physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect against unauthorized use, access, modification, destruction, disclosure, loss or theft of your Personal Information in our custody or control.
- We have agreements and controls in place with third party service providers requiring that any information we provide to them must be safeguarded and used only for the purpose of providing the service we have requested the company to perform.
- Security over the Internet. No data transmission over the Internet or website can be guaranteed to be secure from intrusion. However, we maintain commercially reasonable physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your Personal Information in accordance with data protection legislative requirements. All information you provide to us is stored on our or our subcontractors’ secure servers and accessed and used subject to our security policies and standards. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential and for complying with any other security procedures that we notify you of. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- Retention of your Personal Information. Our retention periods for personal data are based on business needs and legal requirements. We retain your Personal Information for as long as is necessary for the processing purpose(s) for which the information was collected, and any other permissible, related purpose. For example, we may retain certain transaction details and correspondence until the time limit for claims arising from the transaction has expired, or to comply with regulatory requirements regarding the retention of such data. When Personal Information is no longer needed, we either irreversibly anonymize the data (and we may further retain and use the anonymized information) or securely destroy the data.
11. Contacting us
- If you have any questions or concerns about our privacy practices, the privacy of your Personal Information or you want to change your privacy preferences, please let us know by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.